By Dr. Stephen Jones
Today is a time when professionals are looking for solutions to complex problems. Whether you are trying to manage a business, school district, non-profit or health care facility you can benefit from executive coaching. The number of executive coaches has grown over the past 10 years because professionals are looking for guidance that they may not be able to get in their place of employment or by taking a college course. There are many ways that coaches are providing guidance. They are offering webinars or using Skpe to see the person that they are coaching face to face. Some coaches meet with the professional once a month while others are available to the person throughout the month. An executive coach can give professional s a different perspective on how to solve problems.
There is a tremendous amount of benefits that occur as an outcome of executive coaching. Here are ten reasons that you should pursue an executive coach:
1. To increase the chances that you will effectively communicate your vision to your employees
2. To explore different solutions to complex problems
3. To continually work on your leadership skills
4. To improve your public speaking skills to engage your audience
5. To address fears about an important decision that you need to make
6. So that you can get advice on how to remain competitive
7. To obtain coaching on personal issues that you are attempting to resolve
8. To gain a better global perspective
9. To determine how to identify and hire the best employees
10. To improve your creativity in your decision making
An executive coach can help you to look forward and not focus on the past. There are ways that you can improve on your plans for the future. The professional who remains open to advice is going to have greater confidence that they are making a decision that will have good outcomes. If you are a leader of a business or a school you will often come to a place where you feel limited in your capacity to alter your organization. An executive coach can help you to promote a more flexibility work environment. This will result in employees who are more productive and invested in the success of their work.
The difficult challenge of being a leader is that professionals can sometimes feel isolated. There are professionals who feel like they are on an island all by themselves although they are surrounded by hundreds of professionals. An executive coach can help a professional to have a person who they can help to alleviate their feelings of isolation. This is one of the major benefits of the having an executive coach. It is great to have a dependable person who is getting to understand you and get you to manage from a new perspective. To discuss this further contact Dr. Stephen Jones, executive coach at 610-842-3843.